The Active Theater currently uses The WorkShop Theater Company's 65-seat Main Stage Theater as it's home. It is located in The Theater Building in the heart of the new mid-town Theater District.
|The Street Address:
312 West 36th Street
Fourth Floor East
New York, NY 10018
|(between 8th and 9th Avenues, on the south/downtown
side of the street,
a.k.a The Theatre Building)
The Theatre Building is easily accessible in Mid-Town Manhattan via Public Transportation.
Subway and Buses:
1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, R, Q, W to 34th and/or 42nd Street Stations
(Penn Station or Times Square)
Buses run North/South on all nearby Avenues and Streets.
Nearest cross-town bus runs East/West on 34th Street.
From outside the five boroughs:
- New Jersey Transit or Amtrak to Penn Station
- New Jersey Transit to Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station
- Metro North Rail Road to Grand Central Station, then by Bus or Subway (see above).
- By Car - there are several parking garages available in close vicinity to the WorkShop theaters, including a few on the same block. Please be very careful to obey New York City Department of Transporation parking signs when parking on the street.
View Larger Map